Sunday 26 February 2012

Spring has sprung into my wardrobe and make-up


I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend! Looking outside it definitely feels like spring is in the air and I hope the winter will not make an unexpected come back any time soon!

This past Friday night, Stace, her family, my other half and myself, went out to celebrate Stace’s birthday and had lots of fun! As I felt in a mood for spring I decided to put that into action and dress in more springy garment and use more vibrant colours with my make-up.

Here’s what I wore:

Boden dress, H&M jacket, olive tights and Jones Bootmaker grey shoes

Here’s the more spring-like make up (check out the eyes):
My spring/pastel make-up


 
My pastel eyes


















The main eye colour I used in my spring make-up was purple, as the pastels are in this season! I’ve worked with two different eye colours – Heart and Sugar Plum – both from bareMinerals:  

bareMinerals eye colours, from left: Sugar Plum and Heart


bareMinerals eye colour swatches, from left: Sugar Plum and Heart

Both of the eye shadows complement each other so it was really easy to work with them. I’m usually not very good with eye colours but this time I think it all worked out great at the end. 

For the base I used the Prime Time Brightening eyelid primer from bareMinerals:

Prime Time Brightening eyelid primer from bareMinerals
 
After that, I used the Heart colour all over the eye lids and blended it well with the golden tones of the primer. Then in the corners of the eye lids I used the Sugar Plum, deeper tone of purple, to bring my beautiful eyes out! To  finish it all off, I used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in black ink – check out my previous blog to read more about it!

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink


To finish up my whole outfit I decided to go for a little lilac colour for my nails! Here it is – my fav Leighton Denny’s Little Thief:

Leighton Denny in Little Thief

The whole outfit put me right into a springy and party mood, and the weather was just a nice little addition to the celebration! 

Hope your wardrobes are getting a bit more colourful with the weather improving outside! 

Be colourful! Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comment, Amy! I can't wait to wear all the pastel colours that I have for the spring season! Love wearing colours, especially in the warmer seasons :) Thanks, Mags xx

      Delete
  2. that nail varnish is so prettyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beth, Thank you for your beautiful comment! It really is a fab nail colour! I love to wear it and do it often! Can't wait for the spring season to properly start as can't wait to wear all the beautiful pastel colours! Thanks, Mags xx

      Delete

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x