Sunday 11 December 2011

Mineral make-up with Lumiere



A few weeks ago, Stace and I received some samples from Lumiere cosmetics, an American mineral make-up company. As Stace mentioned, we both love our mineral make-up that we’ve used for some times now so I was very excited to try this one to compare! 

I was very impressed with the packaging, especially that these were free samples. The containers reminded me of Bobbi Brown eye liner packaging but in plastic edition. Instead of going through all the colours separately, I decided to divide my samples into two different looks. 

In the first look I’ve used:

From the top left: Medium Beige Cashmere foundation, Earth blush, The bottom left: Intrigued eye colour and Bon Bon eye colour


From the left: Medium Beige Cashmere foundation, Earth blush, Intrigued eye colour and Bon Bon eye colour
Finished look, using Lumiere cosmetics products: Medium Beige Cashmere foundation, Earth blush, Intrigued eye colour and Bon Bon eye colour
The foundation is a bit powdery on the skin to my liking, even my husband commented on the way it sat on my skin and wasn’t as natural looking as the other mineral products I normally use. The blush is nice; its matte finishing makes it very versatile, perfect for autumn/winter season! I’ll definitely use that blush again. 

Eye colours used: Intrigued eye colour as a base and Bon Bon eye colour on the top



Both of the eye colours are great - very wearable both to work and in the evening. I’d definitely use both of them again!

The only product from the first look that I’m not too keen on is the foundation.

For the second look I’ve used:

From the top left: Medium Beige Luminesse foundation, Terra Cotta blush, The bottom left: Violet eye colour and Bittersweet eye colour.

From the left: Medium Beige Luminesse foundation, Terra Cotta blush, Violet eye colour and Bittersweet eye colour.

Look two, using Lumiere cosmetics products: Medium Beige Luminesse foundation, Terra Cotta blush, Violet eye colour and Bittersweet eye colour.
The foundation is a bit better here, as it has a luminescent finishing, making my skin a bit more glowy and healthy. The colour of the blush was great in the box, however, once applied onto the skin it was a bit too pale and almost blending in with the foundation so didn’t give me as much definition as I’d like; however, it's still a great product for the spring/summer season!

The eye colours used: Violet eye colour as a base and Bittersweet eye colour in the outer corner.



The pigment of the Violet eye colour was so deep in the box that I couldn’t wait to try! However, I needed to apply a fair amount of the product to actually see the colour. Even though, the colour ended up being pretty much transparent so I wouldn’t use that again. Whereas the Bittersweet eye colour looks really good in the box and on the eye! Definitely something I’ll use again!

Overall, the foundation creates a good cover so no need for concealer; however, I do like my foundation to look very natural on the skin. Both of the blushers have a good finishing so will use them again as both are great for different times of the year. The eye colours are good, not the best I’ve used before, but am eager to use them more in the future.

Have a great evening! 

Stay beautiful!

Mags xx

11 December 2011

2 comments:

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x