Tuesday 22 November 2011

A mascara moment



I have been umming and ahhing all day about what to blog about tonight as I have so many blogs I want to do, and lots of Xmas blogs planned. So I thought tonight I would talk about mascara. I have a major love/hate relationship with mascara. I love what it does to my eyelashes. I hate picking a mascara, mainly because they so often disappoint me. I used to love Lancome Hypnose, but then a few wands ended up lasting only a few weeks before that dreaded smell of an off mascara, and at £20+ a wand, I just couldn't keep up.

Then back in the Summer, I bought and eye kit from Bare Escentuals, and in there was one of their mascaras. And lo and behold, when this one ran out, I bought two more. A repeat purchase of a mascara!! This must be love!!

I bought a pack of two mascaras from feel unique for £12.75!! Ok so they are only 5ml, but the last one really did last me a long time.


I love the cute little box this duo came in and I thought it would make a perfect Christmas present for someone as the price tag is just right as well.

In the box were the Bare Minerals Mini flawless definition mascara in black and Mini flawless definition volumizing mascara in black.



Starting with the flawless defintion, I find this mascara perfect for work, it sperates the lashes well and highlights and elongates the eyelashes without making them to OTT for a day time look.The wand is quite small and easy to control. This was the mascara I had used before so knew what to expect, and I think it will now be a staple in my make-up bag.



The volumizing mascara was a great surprise! I wore it out on Saturday night, and it really opened up my eyes, lengthened my lashes and looked very much like my old friend hypnose!



As the picture shows the wand is much fuller with longer bristles for application. I will be wearing this mascara on nights outfrom now on!!
I love this little mascara set, even if you have a mascara you love, these are perfect for throwing in your bag as they are small, and at about £6.50 each, a true bargain.
They really highlighted my lashes and framed my eye well. I am a fan of mineral mascaras anyway as they are the only mascaras I have found which don't sting my eyes and that has to be because of the minerals in them.
They definitely gave my lashes fullness and flutter, and I may even repeat purchase these in the New Year! Happiness is finding a mascara you love!

Have a beautiful week!

Stace x




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x