Saturday 15 October 2011

Foundations put to the ultimate test!

Foundations put to the ultimate test!
Regular readers of our blog will know that when I jet off on my hols, I like to take this as a great excuse to take all my sachet samples of foundations, and put them to the ultimate test of heat, sunshine, walking and drinking!

So last week when I was in Portugal, I did exactly that, and over the next few days I will be bringing you my reviews.

First up, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. This foundation can be picked up in Boots, Debenhams etc, and retails for £26.50 for 30 ml.



This foundation is SPF 10 so is perfect for the sunshine. The consistency was quite loose and so I worried it might not stay in place on my face, and in the heat may drop slightly (not a good look!!).

Once applied the mixture seemed thicker. It was easy to apply with fingertips, covering well and smoothly. The foundation gave full coverage and blended well, not leaving a horrible line around my chin! I have previously used Double Wear normal foundation from Estee Lauder, and this definitely felt lighter on my face.

I was really impressed with the final look, it really achieved the effect of not wearing make up which many liquid foundations fail to do. I did have some angry red spots on my face and used the remainder of the sachet as a concealer which hid these blemishes effectively. It is actually making me consider going to town today and purchasing the foundation! I wouldn't probably wear this everyday, but for nights out, weekends and days at work when I am delivering presentations, this would be perfect!


Was very pleased with the final face, and was glad I wore this on the night of my wedding anniversary. It lasted well through a dinner outside in a hot climate, and half and hour of walking. Watch this space to see if i decide to purchase later!!

Next foundation for review: Clinique Superbalanced make up teint.

Stay Beautiful!

Stace x

15th October 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x