Wednesday 28 September 2011

Bride eyes!



Regular readers of our blog will remember this time last year wedding fever was in the air! With my one year annivesary fast approaching, I decided to look back on my wedding day look and talk about one of the most important aspects of my look in more detail, my eyes!
Wedding eyes are hard to get right. Enough drama for photos to look good, but low key enough for you to look natural in person on the big day. With no make-up artist available, Mags and I took lessons from a Chanel make-up artist, and created my wedding day look, and I was very pleased with the outcome!
The tools
We picked Chanel for the eye make-up. Why? The quality of these high end products is amazing, yet they are really easy to use.
Eyeshadow
Les 4 Ombres beige velour, retailing at around £35

Stylo yeux waterproof eye liner in green - yes was sceptical too!
The green eye liner really highlighted the green in my own eye colour
The technique
The technique really is very easy, and is all about layering the eye colours to achieve the desired effect. To be honest, the brushes that came in the eyeshadow were very small and fiddly so I bought better ones to do my eye make-up. Here's how we did it:
Start by using the lightest cream colour and cover the whole eye area, including highlighting the eyebrow area. You can be quite liberal with the amount here!

Next add the pink colour to cover your whole eye lid and blend with first colour

Add the lightest brown colour to half your eyelid, again blending as you go
The darker colour can be placed in the corner of the outside of the eye to add definition, a little eyeliner under the eyes, a stroke of mascara and your good to go, see I said it was easy!
And a quick one of me on my wedding day!
What are your wedding beauty tips? Are you getting married soon? Tell us all about it! tweet us @beautyu and let's carry on the wedding talk!

That's all from me for a few weeks, Mags will be here with lots of exciting beauty news, so watch this space!

Stay beautiful!

Stace xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x