Wednesday 9 December 2009

Spot the difference

Spot the difference
No one likes to talk about that dreaded S word…but unless you are really lucky, we all get them from time to time. And it always seems to be that really important Christmas party you’ve been waiting for when you wake up in the morning with the biggest, reddest spot ever…There is no miracle cure, but there are things you can do, so hopefully by the evening you will hardly notice it at all!

First things first, I dab a thick layer of whatever clay face mask I have lying around the bathroom, directly onto the spot. Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing mask usually does the trick. I leave this on for as long as I possibly can (half an hour if you have the time).

I then rinse this off with cool water and cleanse with Clinique Anti Blemish clarifying lotion (an absolute life saver if like me you suffer from outbreaks alot…but more of that another week!)

Imagining this is the morning before the big party, I then dab some Liz Earle spot on to the spot. This can be applied throughout the day, even after make up has been applied.

Come the evening, I would apply my foundation as normal, and then use a cover up, such as Laura Mercier secret camouflage (the stars use this for their dodgy looking days too!) and blend with a brush until I can no longer see the spot. Sweep some bronzer over the whole face and your ready to go!

If all else fails, choose a part of the face to over accentuate. (Deep red lips for under the mistletoe encounters??), grab your party shoes, think happy thoughts and have a great time!

Have fun at those Christmas parties this weekend, and Stay Beautiful!

Stace & Mags x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you so please leave us a beautiful comment! x